Film vs. MusicContent | Watch clip
Film vs. Music is a homage to the classic animation art by Norman McLaren; in the picture entirely free of sense. The figures are drawn and scratched by hand on blank and black-painted 35mm film. Individual images, fragments, initiated by the flow of the pictures and Arnold Schoenberg's dynamic piano play, blend into a unique harmony of shapes and colors.
The film was made in the winter semester 2004/05 in the beginner course for animation by Prof. Tamasz Waliczky.
2'03 Minuten | 35mm | PAL | Stereo | Germany 2004/05
Festivals (among others)
- Film vs. Music was in the pre-selection 2005 of the German Short Film Award.
- 26th Asolo Art Film Festival, Italy
- 20th Stuttgart Film Winter - Festival for expanded Media 2007
- 13th Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film 2006
- 18th Exground International Film Festival 2005 | Academic Competition
- 48th International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film 2005
- 2nd Biberach Independent Film Festival 2005 | Competition
- Super Shorts Film Festival London 2006 | Competition
- 7th Landshut Short Film Festival 2005 | Competition
- 5th goEast festival for Central and Eastern European Film 2005 | University Competition