the red carpetContent | Watch clip
the red carpet is a persiflage about the protocol at state receptions, which take place every day all over the world and as you can watch them on TV: handshakes, smiling faces, heavily symbolic gesticulations. The film shows world leaders from a different perspective and focuses below the ordinary TV-surface. It exposes what is happening before the recurrent well known pictures are taken. The film was shot on the G8 Summit in Heiligendamm, Germany in june 2007.
4’35 Min | Shortdocumentary, Experimentalfilm 2007 | Director/Script/Camera/Editor: Jörg Hommer, Soundmix: Holger Jung
The film is distributed by arsenal - institut für film und videokunst e. V. at arsenal - Institute for Film and Videoart.
- 7th Festival of German Film Moscow 2008 (more screenings in Russia: St. Petersburg and Nowosibirsk)
- 25th Kassel Documentary Film and Videofest 2008
- Nonfiktionale 2008 – Festival of Documentary Film Bad Aibling
- Lausanne Underground Film & Music Festival 2008 (Audience Award Competition)
- 15th Independent Film Festival of Barcelona 2008
- Exhibition Circuit at the University of Arts, Berlin 2008
- "Great performance" Kunsthalle Erfurt as part of the cultural year 2008 to mark the anniversary of two hundred years Erfurt Congress